Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
1. Where is Vagabond Lodge Located?
- Vagabond Lodge is at 1581 Cache Close at Kicking Horse Resort Golden BC, Canada across the road from the gondola. It is just a short walk to the lifts, restaurants and pubs. Make the first right hand turn when you get to the resort and you will see Vagabond.
- It is a 3 hour drive from the Calgary International Airport.
- It is about an hour and half drive east to Banff, one hour to Lake Louise, 45 minutes to Emerald Lake in Yoho National Park. To the west, Revelstoke is 2 hours, and Glacier National Park is 45 minutes.
- Vagabond Lodge does not have any cooking facilities for guest use. There is a nice restaurant next door as well as a couple of pubs within a short walk. Golden which is a 10 minute drive also has some great eating spots.
- Vagabond Lodge does not have TV's in guest rooms. We have wireless wifi throughout the building.
- Vagabond Lodge has a buffet breakfast that is complimentary for our guests. We have fresh baked sourdough bread, home-made yogurt, fresh fruit, hot and cold cereals, fruit scones, pancakes, eggs and more. We do not have fried bacon or sausages.
- All our rooms at Vagabond Lodge are on the top floor. There are 2 flights of stairs required and Vagabond does not have an elevator. If you cannot do stairs, and we understand, then Vagabond is not the place for your stay.
- Yes. Vagabond Lodge has out outdoor hot tub as well as a sauna. Hot tub and sauna is closed at 10.30 pm.
- Vagabond Lodge is a great spot to unwind and enjoy the fantastic environment and solitude of the Canadian Rockies. In other words, no parties, no weddings, no party groups.
- As much as we love pets and we used to have our own dog until poor Helen died a few years ago, we do not allow any pets of any sort into Vagabond Lodge.
- Yes we make our own gluten free bread and also have oat milk if that is an issue for guests with dairy allergies. We try as best we can to make sure all our guests are taken care of.