Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
1. How far is Vagabond from the ski lifts?
- It is only about a 2 minute walk from Vagabond to the plaza area of Kicking Horse Resort
- Vagabond Lodge is at 1581 Cache Close at Kicking Horse Resort Golden BC, Canada across the road from the gondola. It is just a few minute walk to the lifts, restaurants and pubs. Make the first right hand turn when you get to the resort and you will see Vagabond.
- It is a 3 hour drive from the Calgary International Airport. Because of road construction east of Golden always check DriveBC
- It is about an hour and half drive east to Banff, one hour to Lake Louise, 45 minutes to Emerald Lake in Yoho National Park. To the west, Revelstoke is 2 hours, and Glacier National Park is 45 minutes.
- Vagabond Lodge does not have any cooking facilities for guest use. There is a pub style restaurant across the road. Golden which is a 10 minute drive also has some great eating spots.
- We do not have mini fridges in the rooms but there is a big refrigerator for guest use behind the bar on the main floor with plenty of space for both food and drink.
- Vagabond Lodge does not have TV's in guest rooms. We have starlink wireless wifi throughout the building.
- We have fresh baked sourdough bread, home-made yogurt, fresh fruit, hot and cold cereals, fruit scones, pancakes, eggs and more. We do not have fried bacon or sausages.
- All our rooms at Vagabond Lodge are on the top floor. There are 2 flights of stairs required and Vagabond does not have an elevator. If you cannot do stairs, and we understand, then Vagabond is not the place for your stay.
- Yes and we also have a sauna
- Vagabond Lodge is a great spot to unwind and enjoy the fantastic environment and solitude of the Canadian Rockies. In other words, no parties, no weddings, no party groups.
- As much as we love pets and we used to have our own dog until poor Helen died a few years ago, we do not allow any pets of any sort into Vagabond Lodge
- Yes we make our own gluten free bread and also have oat milk if that is an issue for guests with dairy allergies. We try as best we can to make sure all our guests are taken care of.
- There is a coffee/tea station on the main floor where there is a Jura automatic coffee machine, kettle and a variety of teas and hot chocolate for guest use anytime. And quite often we put out fresh cakes and cookies for a treat after a day outside, winter and summer.
- Due to the nature of the lodge, Vagabond Lodge is an adult only accommodation.